Tuesday, October 7, 2014

My Life in Mindanao State University, Main Campus, Marawi City: A Home Away from Home



                      

Each one of us has different experiences in life. This experiences whether it is good or bad, inspiring or not will enable us to mold into a better person. Sometimes, through this experience, we change. We change the way we think, we change the way we believe and most of all, we change the way we look forward to our every journey in life. We consider that in every place that we are going to, there will always one thing that we will not forget as part of our experience and our journey in life. 

Like me, studying here in Mindanao State University, Main Campus, Marawi City is such a big opportunity for me. It is not just only for the purpose of studying why I used to be in MSU but also to have experience living in other culture. They have said that Marawi City is a dangerous place but they are wrong. Instead, it is a place where you could meet different group of students that has different cultures. A place wherein you could not experience night life compared to other cities in the country and most especially, a place where in you could see the beauty of our nature. 


If I am not mistaken, it was on the 2nd week of May, 2010, when I first entered in the campus. During my first day in MSU is not easy for me. I am not familiar with the colleges, the buildings and offices that I should have to go. All the people there were very strange for me. I find it hard to enroll in such a big school wherein you don’t know everything. But I fight my fear. All I think at that time was the chance to be enrolled in the university. I set aside whatever my weaknesses and I have to take risk whatever may happen. I have to sacrifice long hours of standing just to be enrolled. Thank God, I overcome those things. 


I thought it was the last time I would felt the stressed while having my enrolment but it was the first. As time goes by, during my school days, more and more pressure I face. I must have to give time in my academic subjects so that I can pass the subjects. You should take it for granted in all subjects especially when you will be under with strict instructors. Lucky to me, I was not being under with those instructors. But even though I would be under with them, still I wanted to thank and appreciate them because being strict is one way that students will focus more to study and in that way student could learn more. 


My course that time was BS-Mathematics. Yes, I love math, but as time goes by, I thought of shifting to another course. A course that will give me more opportunities in the coming future. Until such time that it came to my mind that I want to engage in business activities. That is the reason why I decided to shift into a business course related. Even though I was on the 3rd sem of being a BS-Mathematics student, I still shift into BSBA- Entrepreneurial Marketing. In this course, I was already satisfied. This is what I want. Even though my skills was not totally suited to become an entrepreneur, but I knew I will change. I knew I will be motivated to strive harder and to enhance whatever skills that will be needed to be an entrepreneur. 

           

Days, months and years passed by. I didn’t notice that my journey of being a college student comes nearer. I didn’t even noticed that I have lots of experiences, lots of sleepless nights when exams and requirements are coming, lots of skip meals because of busy doing projects and lots of sacrifices and problems when it comes to financial matters. I gained a lot of friends, a friend that understand my situations. A friend that will truly love and treasure me the way I do. Sometimes, I ask myself, is this true? After all these years, I overcome many trials I have encountered in life. I can’t imagine how grateful I am and blessed to have someone to lean on after those feelings of quitting my study because I can’t hold on anymore to the stress, to the pain and to the feeling of being not supported with my family. I know that life is a sacrifice but in the same way, life is also full of decisions. You are still left of the choice with what you are supposed to sacrifice in order to obtain real happiness. One thing that I want to thank for being here in MSU is knowing and accepting God as my savior. It is in this place wherein He mold me to be a God-fearing person and accept Him as my Lord and savior. I am so much blessed accompanying with my brothers and sisters in Christ. 


     

By this time, all I want to do is to enjoy every moment that I am still here in MSU. I don’t want to miss every single day spending time with my friends, classmates and church mates because I cannot spend time with them when time comes that I will leave this university. I know that whatever experiences that I have in the campus will be remembered wherever I go. I enjoy so much living in the Marawi City. I will miss lots of activities that change me the way I am before. I will miss every time we will be having our parade during JEMA Days in the department and Foundation Day in the university. I will miss attending different kind of seminars, and witnessing different kind of activities. But I still had to put in my mind that spite of all these memories; I still had to face everything that waits me in the coming future. I know that I have doubts in myself if I can have all I want in life but I need to have faith and prayer. These maybe invisible but they make all things possible.  I know that my journey in life never ends when I will be graduated. But more challenges and more sacrifices I will have to face. And through these experiences of being a college student, it will give me some guide and some lessons that I will apply in the coming years of my life. I believe that a meaningful life is not being rich, being popular, being highly educated or being perfect. It is about being real, being humble, being able to share ourselves and touch the lives of others. It is only then that we could have a full, happy and contented life. As what the book of Bo Sanchez said, “Simplify and Live the Good Life”.



                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment